Menu
murphy151
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Receiving calls from people who claim our number called them

We receive calls to our Virgin Landline from people using both landline and mobile phones 'returning our call'. The frequency of the calls, every 10 minutes or so suggests an issue with Caller ID perhaps. The incoming calls are from multiple providers and networks. An engineer has visited once and re-patched the cable in the local cabinet but the issue has persisted and another visit has been booked.

Has any one experienced anything similar?

If so, what was the root cause?

How can the issue be resolved?

Thank you

Jim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving calls from people who claim our number called them

Hi Jim

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing at the moment, it's certainly a unique issue.

I'm glad to hear that you've arranged for action to be taken by the engineers and I'd love to hear how you get on, we'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

murphy151
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving calls from people who claim our number called them

Update 29/06/2016

Having interrogated some of the callers to our home number, we identified who they thought was calling them and it turns out that our number 020 8669.... is being confused with 020 8269.... which is the number of the Recovery Team at the Royal Borough of Greenwich.

We suspect that an incorrect Caller ID setting on their telephony system is carrying our home number. I have contacted the Interim Head of IT at Greenwich to request an investigation however I have not had a response as yet.

If any members of this community know someone at Greenwich that could help or provide me with a contact name, I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks

Jim 

0 Kudos