Menu
Highlighted
IKbrunel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

RETAIN TELEPHONE No.

Hopefully will shortly be transferring all services to V.M.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Is there a recommended procedure for transferring my present landline No. to V.M.?

Presently with TalkTalk, do I need to keep TT active till any transfer has completed?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: RETAIN TELEPHONE No.

Make all your arrangements via Virgin. They will handle the transfer including the cancellation of your account with TT.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI IKbrunel

Thanks for the PM Smiley Happy

I have checked and can see the address is under the status of the below:

'LD  Live: Awaiting design & cost approval'

I'll check in with the teams in the week to see if we can find our more about the VOIP question posted.

Once I know more I'll pop back Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make all your arrangements via Virgin. They will handle the transfer including the cancellation of your account with TT.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

IKbrunel
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully will be connected by end of year. Have been informed that a telephone service will NOT be provided. the reason is that VM are migrating away from their POTS system and moving forward to VOIP.

There will be some unspecified time before a VOIP service will be available.

I would prefer to keep my present number if poss. without having to keep my present supplier.

Is their any way I can " park" my number, whilst waiting for VM to activate VOIP?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi IKbrunel

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've not been asked this one yet and it's a new one on me!

I don't believe we have a parking system to reserve 3rd party numbers in this instance.

I will look into this for you though to find out if our teams working on the projects for the VOIP service we are hoping to provide soon, will be able to take this on board.

I'd also like to check your property to see if this is impacting the potential for a number port.

The worst case scenario would be no and you would have to keep the line active with your other provide but let me do some digging to see what they say!

If you can pop a PM to me that would be great!

I'll need:

• Your name
  • The full address
  • If you have an account with us presently and if so if you are the account holder
  • Your number you are looking to port.

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

IKbrunel
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

The answer to this, is to port my present Tel. No. to a Voip service,  https://www.yay.com/ and then possibly port out again when a V.M. voip service becomes available.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi IKbrunel

Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

I'll still check into this with our phone experts to se iif this is the best resolution for customers in the same boat with their landline numbers with us going forwards if you like?

Just pop your details back on a PM to me for me to check

Cheers

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI IKbrunel

Thanks for the PM Smiley Happy

I have checked and can see the address is under the status of the below:

'LD  Live: Awaiting design & cost approval'

I'll check in with the teams in the week to see if we can find our more about the VOIP question posted.

Once I know more I'll pop back Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos