Menu
carwms
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Proof of Barring

I am having terrible customer service. I phoned Virgin on Saturday night to report my phone stolen. The sim was cancelled and a new sim has been sent out. My insurance company needs proof of barring, but after a difficult phone call I have been told there is nothing Virgin can do as I did not purchase the phone from them. How can I prove the phone was lost if I cannot prove that I made a phone call to them?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Barring

Hi carwms,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that your phone has been stolen. 

We can only blacklist our own equipment because we don't own the rights to third party owned handsets.

We are able to suspend your SIM card so that your service isn't used, but we aren't able to blacklist the handset if you purchased it from another provider or vendor.

Please contact the provider of the handset to get this blacklisted with them. Please have a look at the following post for more advice about this: Blacklist Insurance 3rd party equipment

Please let me know if there's anything further I can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos