Menu
stevectaylor
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem with BT8600 and Virgin Line.

I have an issue were the the handsets stay illuminated with the message "leaving a msg" when a caller puts phone down during the answer machine announcement.  I have, isolated the issue down to only occuring in 'answer & record' mode and when the receiving caller puts the phone down during the announcement message.  If they leave a message or the phone is in announcement only, it works perfectly. I have two separate lines and works same on each so not a line fault.  It's as though it doesn't recognise the phone disconnected during the announcement.  We're on Virgin, is there a compatibility issue that your aware of?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with BT8600 & Virgin Line.

your problem is that Virgin do not test/support BT handsets and BT do not test/support  virgin lines. so it all becomes someone else's problem

there are a few threads which mention issues with the 8600. wheras the older 8500 which i have seems 100% compatible.

if your handset is within warranty you could try asking for a replacement, otherwise you need to find someone else with the same model handset and a virgin line who is willing to try to reproduce your issue.

if you purchsed from a reputable phone seller they may have some awareness of compatibility issues...

0 Kudos
stevectaylor
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have already got a replacement handset and used it on a different Virgin line, same issue.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

well that's pretty good proof of incompatibility. maybe you could downgrade to an older 8500 ?

what's the difference anyway - not much according to this:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/BT8600-vs-BT8500/td-p/1618611

0 Kudos
tbourner
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We've just bought a BT8600 and have the same problem. Come home from work and it says it's leaving a msg - added problem is that the handsets lose battery during the day, presumably depending on how early the call came in.
Pretty rubbish, on both BT and Virgins side.
0 Kudos