Menu
Loosecanons
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Premium rate call appeared on my bill

Hello,

I have a charge for a premium rate call on my phone.

I have no idea why and to whom.

Can I block these being made on my phone?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Premium rate call appeared on my bill

Hi Loosecanons,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have been charged for Premium rate call on your landline that you weren't aware of. For more information about Premium rate calls, please see our online Help page: How to protect yourself from phone scams.

You can block Premium rate calls on your line with our Call Barring feature. Have a look at our Phone User Guide

Call Barring is offered only in certain areas, so we would need to check to see if this feature is available on your line. If the Call Barring feature is available in your area, then it's charged at £2.25 per month, however, some areas are able to receive a special call feature bundle price of £3.90 for two added features. If you would like to see more information about this check out: View costs from November 2016

If you would like to add this feature to your account, please give us a call on 150 from your landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone line. 

If you already have the Call Barring feature added to you landline, then please see the following:

To Set Up:

1. Press *34

2. Press Call Barring option, followed by ##

To Cancel:

1. Press #34

2. Press Call Barring option, then *

3. Enter your 4 digit PIN

4. Finally press #

To check Call Barring options:  press *#34#

Hope this helps. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Loosecanons
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terri,
that's great thank you. I will take a look.

I was afraid it was because of some scam ( I've had a lot of calls purporting to be from Talktalk recently)

After much digging it turns out a family member thinks they had donated to a TV charity

regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loosecanons,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that this wasn't a scam! We are always concerned when our customers report unknown charges on their bill.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos