Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (86 Views)

Porting

I agreed to transfer from sky to virgin media on  24th April 2017 with the assurance that my number would be ported over. This did not happen and I have spent a lot time on the phone to sky , virgin and ofcam to try and recover the number but with no success. The instalation took place on the 17th May and sky turned off their bit on the 18th so virgin had plenty of time to ensure the porting took place? Sky blamed Virgin and visa versa with the latest answer from sky stating that virgin should be able to recover  the number from BT. Virgin reply was that the only way it could be done is that sky switch on the number again so it is active and then it could be ported over. I am very annoyed with the loss of the number as we have had it for  over 30 years and disappointed with virgin failing to port it and their response to step out of their comfort zone to recover the number. I have not got a landline as there appears to be a line failure and an engineer is booked to investigate this Saturday. If I didn't have a such a poor phone line for a decent WiFi I would have asked virgin to remove their installation  as I am disappointed with not only the failure to port  the poor response to recover the situation 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6 (80 Views)

Re: Porting

It doesn't sounds like you followed the process properly.  To port a number the sky line shouldnt have been cancelled, virgin would have closed the sky number once the port happens.  You've lost the number it would seem

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (71 Views)

No , Virgin knew from day one how important to retain my number its,virgin responsibility to inform the customer of the procedure and I had no instruction from them. Virgin had nearly a month to ensure the correct procedure was actioned before sky terminated the contract.
Still very annoyed Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (47 Views)

Hi Tony,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I am so sorry to hear about your experience in getting your number ported over.  This is not good to hear.  I wanted to pop by and see how things went after the engineer visit.  Is all working ok now for you?  

I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (38 Views)

Working ok now, fault was at the exchange, still hoping to get my number back !!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (24 Views)

That's great news and thanks for the update Tony3503214,

Definitely keep me posted on the number situation.  I hope all works out ok for you.  

We're here if you need anything.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos