Menu
Outlaw-Boater
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting number from VM to VOIP

In anticipation of my price rise letter arriving I'm looking to port my landline number from VM to an existing VOIP provider I use.

Searching these and other Internet forums has revealed varying levels of hassle from seamless to number lost; but many of the posts are several years old.

So, anyone with recent experience, or a link to the current VM policies, process and T&Cs ?

Depending on whatever retentions may or may not offer, I may stay with VM with a reduced package or go to An open reach 'infinity' based offering.

TIA.

C

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Clanmurray
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting number from VM to VOIP

Hi Outlaw-Boater

Have you had any luck in porting your number to VOIP? I am thinking of doing the very same thing for one of my customers, but, they want a guarantee that they will retain their number.

Regards,

Clanmurray

0 Kudos
Outlaw-Boater
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting number from VM to VOIP

I was successful. The VOIP provider I used has UK Tech Support and Customer Services and it went through quite easily.

Having read all the forums thoroughly before I tried this, there appears to be some small print about who originally supplied the number (Bt or VM).

I deliberately took a phased approach, soy you could safely try this without risking losing the number or more than £20.
0 Kudos