Menu
meganandyasmin
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Porting landline number to Virgin

Any help/ideas gratefully appreciated please. We moved house on 1st July decided to move from EE to Virgin and requested our existing phone number be ported over. Had written confirmation from EE that they had request from Virgin and it would be done on 1st July. It wasn't. Phoned Virgin they told us there was an issue and it couldn't be done until the 12th. It wasn't. Phoned again and was told still a problem new date of 22nd. Still no number. To cut a long story slightly shorter we are now told too much time has lapsed and BT have the number back and it has been disconnected. We can't have our number.

We can't leave virgin without paying £240 penalty (we really want to leave). BT say we can pay to go back to them but they won't give a guarantee of getting the number back until we've paid a non refundable installation fee.

Feeling very unhappy about a company that promised us great internet speeds that haven't happened either and no wifi upstairs, they haven't delivered what was promised..... disappointed. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tugboat
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting landline number to Virgin

Hi I had the same problem porting from sky, virgin failed to request my number and therefore it went back to BT as yours did I was basically told by virgin HARD LUCK. I eventually contacted BT who told me that any number that comes back to them goes into a pool for approx 6 months and is available to any provider who asks for it. BT told me to contact virgin and tell them to apply for that number. I did that and had my number back within 3 hours. Don't put up with any of Virgins nonsense. Good luck.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi meganandyasmin,

Thanks for you post on the Forum, I'm sorry that you've experienced difficulties porting your number. 

When our number port request is rejected by the line provider, there isn't anything further we can do regarding this. I apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

If you would like discuss your account or contract details further, please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone). 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Tugboat
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I had the same problem porting from sky, virgin failed to request my number and therefore it went back to BT as yours did I was basically told by virgin HARD LUCK. I eventually contacted BT who told me that any number that comes back to them goes into a pool for approx 6 months and is available to any provider who asks for it. BT told me to contact virgin and tell them to apply for that number. I did that and had my number back within 3 hours. Don't put up with any of Virgins nonsense. Good luck.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi tugboat

I'm sorry to learn about the recent problems you've had with your telephone number, that being said I'm glad to hear that the issue was sorted in the end.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
meganandyasmin
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

The issue is NOT 'sorted' in that, we could pay a £240 fee and leave Virgin in a 'cut off your nose to spite your face' way. Instead we are stuck with paying for new stationery to be reprinted and spending time advising people of a new number after already advising them of new address. 

Virgin simply didn't do what was promised..... end of.

0 Kudos
meganandyasmin
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The request was rejected by BT because Virgin didn't do it within the timescale required. I have called to discuss this further but have been told we cannot now leave yourselves without paying a £240 fee. BT are still saying if you speak to Open reach they will release the number??? I'm so fed up with going round in circles, so now deciding to give up. We are not particularly happy with the internet speeds or having to BUY a booster from you for £50 to improve this either.

We will leave Virgin as soon as we are out of contract.

0 Kudos
meganandyasmin
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I've just realised you were talking to Tugboat not me! As you can probably tell I'm not at all happy about losing my number. If there is anything at all you can do to help please let me know. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey meganandyasmin

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, I'm so sorry to hear about the ongoing situation you're in, it's certainly not something we want for you so I apologise for the inconvenience it's causing.

I wish there was more that I could do but as you've already placed this request with the team, we'd likely to be repeating ourselves.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mohitkumartuhan
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thats Great

I am having the same issue now!

How did you get virgin to apply for the number in the end?

0 Kudos