Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting home phone from Sky to Virgin - no service and number not recognised

Hello SGC,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your telephone number and a warm welcome to the community.

I would like to take a look into this for you so I will need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mark1765
Joining in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting home phone from Sky to Virgin - no service and number not recognised

Had the same issue, What was really annoying is that i asked on several occasions and even copied Sky webchat to Virgin webchat and they still messed up, 10 yrs i have had that number and they dismiss it like it doesnt matter. I've just printed CISAS forms for compensation. And why doesnt VM have an email system to make enquiries, this day and age of technology.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark1765

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your number port recently, from what you've mentioned it's definitely not the outcome we would have wanted.

You can contact the team in writing via our [Contact Us]  page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jogsuk
Joining in
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem and after contacting customer services several time via telephone and several dates that the original number from sky was going to be transferred no luck.   If fact I'm still using the sky phone line and taking to also pay for virgin line.  

I have written to the customer services (Swansea address) and was promised a reply within two weeks but luck on that score either; 

Why was  your customer services always blaming others ? Surely i transferred to virgin and they took the business and its their responsibility to sort out the transfer in teh required time fame ? 

Please can i get a reply... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi jogsuk

I appreciate you posting about the issues with your number port from Sky.

Looking at the account I can see that this is already arranged for you.

My apologies that this has taken time to resolve. I can see that you have spoken to the teams about this and are aware of the porting date.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else.

Take care

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jogsuk
Joining in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

can you assure me that it will be done this time? and the additional cost it has cost be will refunded? I've had to keep the sky phone operational during this period.  I have provide copies of bills.

I was promised a reply to a letter from your customer services within two weeks last month but to date nothing? 

Thanks  

0 Kudos
jogsuk
Joining in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

the phone number has now been transferred today. I would like the costs regarding keeping two lines operational and inconvenience this has caused myself sorting out asap.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi jogsuk

The teams can support you with service related credits. With this particualr issue, you are best placed to get the support you need by contacting our Care teams.

We do not apply credits or deal with billing via the forums.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Keep in touch and let us know how this goes.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jogsuk
Joining in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

HI karen, 

The Web chat is a waste of time; i have tried several times; 

if i was a new customer i'd get through; as i have already signed up i can never get through!!

contacting via 150 or other number is just a fruitful; kept waiting for a customer services to take the call in a que.

I have been waiting for call back but it's never happened; I had a letter from your Swansea address promising an investigation well over a month ago promising a written reply within two weeks but no luck there either!!

what do you expect me to do ?

0 Kudos