Menu
Steve222
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor Service

Probably worth a separate thread on this topic:

I like much about Virgin, but customer service is deteriorating, and continued price hikes are not timely because of this.  The Tivo service (whilst potentially very good) is nowhere near as easy to use as previously (even after 're-boots') because of exceptionally poor speed generally (and especially with apps like Youtube and Netflix which are frequently unusable)

But my current specific gripe is with the phone line. I convinced my aged father in law (who relies on phone for support) to change to Virgin for his phone (only). But this has failed at least 3 times in recent weeks with line faults remote from his home.  The method of reporting faults is not simple and changes frequently.  After waiting many more minutes than 'advised', on today's call I spoke to and advisor who stated fault was known about; however the web site showed 'No known issues' - most unhelpful and time-wasting for all concerned.  Not surprisingly father in law has asked me to research alternative supplier.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Service

Hi Steve222,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry that your father in law has experienced multiple problems with his landline and that you have had poor service from us.

Not all area outages are posted on the Service Status site due to the contributing factors of the fault, such as how many customers are affected, geographic size of the area affected, and resolution time.

If you are experience a loss of service and this isn't showing on our Service Status page, please call in on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact WebChat on Contact Us (I appreciate that this option is usually very busy, so please make sure to refresh the page often so that you go through to the next available agent). 

I apologies for the inconvenience the faults have caused your father in law. Has the landline problem been resolved now? Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve222,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your father in law's phone line, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If your father in law is still having problems with his phone line and would like for me look into this further, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Steve222
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri,

Thankyou for your interest in my father-in-law's problem.

The phone is still not working and situations have changed - as has patience.

A phone call to 150 yesterday resulted in me being told that the 'area fault' had been fixed, but that there was a block (?) on the line.  The advisor attempted to get the block removed but she was advised it was not possible to do so and an engineer would have to call at his home.  But this would not be until next Tuesday which I considered unsatisfactory, but because of lost patience at this time I do not know if an engineer will call.  Previous experience leads me to suspect that the fault is not within their home.

But the inevitable has happened, and father-in-law has asked me to research alternative suppliers and this is what I am now doing.

Incidentally, until today (and since last Tuesday), when daily dialling their number I have obtained an engaged tone.  I have just dialled the number twice and obtained the ringing tone - but the phone has not rung.

The line outside his home has been very unreliable this year, and near-90 year-olds need their phone to be reliable.  They have lost confidence in Virgin to be able to provide this.  We have bought them a mobile phone but this has proved difficult for them to use; therefore a new supplier is being sought.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve222,

I'm terribly sorry about the ongoing issues with the phone line and that you are seeking a new provider.

If you would like for me to see if I can get this pushed forward, I'll send you a private message requesting further details that I will need.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos