Menu
Highlighted
Cardiff2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please check line cord

Same issue as others. Tried to call Virgin Media for advice from mobile, was kept waiting so had to hang up. Trying this way. Your check says no issues. Different phones display same message. Unplugged and re-plugged both phone line and phone. Nothing changes. The phone is not a Virgin phone as I never knew Virgin supplied phones. It's a BT phone, but worked until a few weeks ago. Can you fix it? Will you charge me? How much? Do I need to buy a new phone? Thanks.

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Please check line cord

Hello Cardiff2017,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn you've been experiencing getting through to us.

I have checked your line and there's no problems I can see so providing you've tested your equipment then I'll need to arrange for one of our engineers to visit your property.

There are no charges for repairs so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Cardiff2017,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn you've been experiencing getting through to us.

I have checked your line and there's no problems I can see so providing you've tested your equipment then I'll need to arrange for one of our engineers to visit your property.

There are no charges for repairs so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Mod1959
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am also having this problem, phone displaying'Please check the line cord'  Tried everything with no success. Engineer required please 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mod1959

I'm so sorry for the problefms you're experiencing with your service recently.

I wanted you to know that I've responded to the thread you've created regarding this issue, which you can view by [clicking here]

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
JohnS2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We have the same problem.  We have two phone lines from VM but our phones are BT ones. VM services for our TV, Broadband and phones all failed (there was a problem in our area). They are now repaired BUT both phones display the message: Please check line cord and we can't use them.  Before the fault on the VM services both phones worked perfectly. It would seem that the fault on VM services has caused our phones to fail. Please can you sort this out for us,.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this JohnS2,

I've located your details and I can see that an engineer visit has since been arranged for you.

*Remember that someone of the age of 18+ would need to be in attendance for the full duration of the visit.

Let us know how this goes,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos