Menu
jayjaywhitt
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phones

we have a few phones in the house and when we was with BT all phones rang, we moved across to virgin as we had a good deal with a large package.

When the line was changed only two phones ring, we had an engineer out and said nothing he could do as it will cost, 

We was told it would be a simple line swap, this is my parents house and i pay for the virgin deals at the age of 72 the phones don't ring in the rooms they are in, 

if it was a simple swap why can't all the phones ring? they can call out from the phones but they just don't ring, so unless they hear it ringing in another room its not answered 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phones

Hi jayjaywhitt

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line recently.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum information and I can see that you've not had an engineer come to take a look in quite some time, when did you begin experiencing this issue and when was the last time you were in touch regarding it?

When installing the phone line, did a new telephone socket get installed at all?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jayjaywhitt
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Craig 

we have not had someone out since the last time, i pay the account for my parents so i do leave them to deal with the day to day things of it, however they mentioned it the other day as they thought i was dealing with it 

am not sure if a new line was added due to where the box is, when it was bt all the phones in the house ring, now only two do, they can call out on all phones they just don't ring, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jayjaywhitt

Thanks for getting back to me, it's a strange one that they can dial out but not receive calls on the extension.

Although extension sockets aren't covered by us, I'd like to request that a member of the team take an overall look at the line. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos