Menu
mastershane
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phoneline damaged by Kelly's. Awaiting repull

Shortly before Christmas we had a virgin engineer arrive at our house asking to spur off our on house connection to temporarily connect our new neighbour to cable services. We agreed and were told that after around 2 weeks someone would return to give our neighbour a dedicated line and remove the temporary line from our property.

6 weeks passed and no one returned, not even a phone call. Getting concerned with the amount of time that had passed as well as having a length of cable untidy draped over the wall between our properties we called customer services and arranged for a visit to sort this on the 21st, being told if someone could come earlier they would inform us to arrange access.

On the 6th of January a Kelly communications team turned up at my property while I was at work unannounced and began to trample and ruin my front garden during the new cable run. Fortunately a relative of mine spotted them and stopped them. During the cable pull they have damaged my phone line and I have been without it for weeks now.

After having a virgin engineer visit on the 14th of January he identified the problem and arranged for Kelly's to come back for a cable re-pull.

We were left a voice mail to our mobile phones on Monday stating that a visit would be paid to us Tuesday afternoon to resolve this. As expected NO ONE turned up.

Having spoken to customer services 4 times last night we were hung up on twice and twice told we need an engineer to visit. No doubt to tell us the same thing and be left out in the cold without a phone line again.

Is the only option left to leave? It's seeming that way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phoneline damaged by Kelly's. Awaiting repull

Hi mastershane

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently, it's not what we want for you.

I've not been able to accurately locate your account using your forum information, so that I can take a closer look and arrange for this to be escalated would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing fro myou

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mastershane
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Craig. I've sent you another Pm. Don't know if you have read it yet. Regarding what you mentioned previously I just wondered if I should still contact Kelly's or just wait?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mastershane

I'd recommend contacting Kelly's if they've advised you to. These engineers typically don't update the notes so if they've contacted you directly I'd co-operate in the interest of getting this issue resolved as soon as possible.

I'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should there be anything else I can assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mastershane
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound mate. What will happen regarding compensation against our bill if you don't mind me asking?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem for askingMan Happy

We don't expect you to pay for a service you're not receiving so when the issue has been resolved, we'll look back at when a fault has been active and calculate the credit amount to be taken off your next bill.

To get that sorted you can give the team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line or you can get in touch here and I'll do my best to help.

Speak soon

Craig

0 Kudos