Menu
alan6459
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone stuck on 'line-in-use'

My phone is indicating 'line-in-use', and I can't go back to getting a dial tone. I'm worried its chalking up a big bill. Can you check whether the line is in use or not, and release it if it is? My number is [Removed number]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts.  Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone stuck on 'line-in-use'

Please don't post personal data on a public forum.

If the receiving party has hung up you wont be charged. Usually this problem is a stuck switch at the exchange.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
alan6459
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick answer. Does that mean it should fix itself eventually?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nope. You will need to ring faults, & this will likely result in an engineer visit.

If you don't have access to a phone or online chat, the forum team here can book engineer visits.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there alan6459, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your phone line at the moment. 

I've run some testing from this end, and it does not show that the phone is in use at the moment, so hopefully all is now working fine your end, and you've got your dial tone back. I can not see any evidence of a local fault, so it may have been that the person that you called did not put the line down correctly. After a while the line will release itself. 

Should you still be having an issue with the phone line, I'd have to ask you to disconnect the phone from the line, and if possible try another phone on the line, just to eliminate your phone from being at fault. 

Please let me know how things go. 

Apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos