Menu
jra505
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Phone still not reconnected

Hello

I recently reversed my decision to leave Virgin and join BT, mainly because BT gave me such a run around and had still not activated their services 2 months after I made my order.

When I phoned Virgin to reverse my decision, the Internet came back on the same day. Unfortunately I am still waiting for the phone to be reconnected- BT have assured me that they no longer have any hold on the line, so I don't understand why Virgin have still not reconnected me.

Can someone look into this please? My account number is removed, and I wish to keep the same number that I had before.

Thanks,

jra505

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone still not reconnected

Hi jra505

I'm really sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your phone line, I've checked your account and we'd need to get this set up again from our end for you as your line isn't showing as active at the moment.

To get this done, give our team a call on 150 from any (other) Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other so we can clear security with you and get right to it.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, I'd love to hear how it goes.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jra505
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, however that is at odds with what I have previously been told when I have rung the number you quoted. I was told that all that needed to be done was for my line to be reactivated, and that a form had been filled in (by the person who I spoke to) and it was all in progress - that was over a week ago.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi jra505

Sorry for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing, your line is currently in a deactivated state so we'd need to speak with you in order to resolve that.

I'm sorry to ask this, but give our team a call and we'll look to get this line set back up as soon as possible.

I'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jra505
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So, the people who I spoke to previously about this and had said that all was in hand were wrong?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey jra505

Looking at your account, I'm not seeing any action being taken to get this connected automatically. I can see notes from the conversation you had with us on the 5th January but that stated that we needed some information confirmed before we could go ahead, which we'd need to clear security for. A request was sent for a temporary number on the same day but I'm not seeing it as having gone through unfortunately.

I'd love to be able to help but as we'd need to clear security before requesting this, I'd need to recommend giving the team a call. Sorry again about that as I'd really like to be able to get this sorted for you.

Take care

Craig

jra505
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK - I will call today, but I was wondering if you would be able to put some additional notes on the account so that whoever I end up speaking to knows exactly what the situation is and what it is that they need to do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi jra505

Thanks for the response, I've added notes to your account to reflect our discussion so you can just quote my name for any agent you speak with to read themMan Happy

I'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

jra505
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

OK, I've just spoken to them and had pretty much the same conversation that I had with the person I spoke to on the 5th - I was told that the number needed to be requested back from BT (who I had previously intended to join, but changed my mind) and that once it was back I would be given a date for my line to be activated.

She said that she could see that this had been requested before, but that for some reason it did not happen.

I would be grateful if you could check my account again and see whether the lady I spoke to today  has taken the correct action.

Thanks,

jra505

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi jra505

Thanks again for the response, I've checked your account and can see that the request has been sent and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as there's an update available.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'd love to hear how it goes when they get in touch.

Take care

Craig