Menu
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone socket

I rarely use my land line so have the ringer on silent, so I have no idea how long this has been like it but I've recently noticed that my phone socket has come away from the wall,Like it's been knocked off but with some force. But I have no idea how. Will I have to pay for an engineer to repair it? It's the only phone point in the house
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone socket

You can do this yourself. VM may charge £99 for a non-fault related visit. Simply take of the face plate - two screws and you'll see that the back plate is held to wall by a couple of screws. Get some new rawplugs or the sticky stuff which allows screws to go in and then sets hard - Rawlplastic or similar - and repair the holes and reverse the whole process. About 10 mins work.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jade8384,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having landline trouble.

Is the phone line working (can you dial out/ receive calls)? Is it the master socket or an extension socket (the master socket will be larger and have Virgin Media branding on it)?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi. it is a large socket, it does have the virgin logo on it and it is the only one in the house as far as i know. and no, no dial tone and no outgoing calls at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jade8384,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'd like to send a technician to investigate this for you, free of charge. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos