Menu
PaddyOh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone socket installation

Hi! We had our phone line installed today (along with broadband & tv) and i notice that the installation for the phone is by two very thin wires into the top of the socket. Is this correct, as I assume there would be more substantial protective coating over the wiring to protect it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone socket installation

Many thanks for this Patrick!

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Craig as he is currently out of office.

I've had a look at the image sent and this does indeed look a little worse for wear. Very sorry about this.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come back out and get this sorted for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can book this in.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI PaddyOh

Welcome to the Community, I'd love to take a closer look at the socket as I'm not really sure if it's set up correctly just off your explanation.

Would you be able to take a picture and post a link here? If it's not been set up correctly then we'll arrange for someone to come and take a closer look as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

PaddyOh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig_D,

Thanks for the reply! Link is below:

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/28slmad.jpg[/IMG]

It is 2 individual wires into socket, wondering if that was stamdard without some sort of cable covering or similar. Seems a little light weight and easy to damage.

Thanks again!
Patrick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks for this Patrick!

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Craig as he is currently out of office.

I've had a look at the image sent and this does indeed look a little worse for wear. Very sorry about this.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come back out and get this sorted for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can book this in.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

PaddyOh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again! Thanks for arrangeing someone to come have a look at the recent install. All inside seems in good order now.

Unfortuntely, having had a look at the installation on the outside of the house, it seems that there is a similar issue with a less than complete job.

I noticed a wire coming out if the side of the cover, and on closer inspection it seems that the cover has just been placed over an older installation at the property. Again the phone wires do not seem to be protected and the cover is not a sealed unit, as the back of the cover is old and broken. Its definately not sealed off from the elements. Link to a picture below:

https://s16.postimg.org/yds4gns1x/IMG_1347.jpg

I wonder if you could advise on getting this fixed too?

Thanks!
Patrick
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for getting back to me about this. Smiley Happy

Great to hear that things inside of the property have been sorted for you.

We can indeed get the external issues resolved for you also.

I've sent you a private mail so that we can chat about this a little more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos