Menu
Richieman
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone services

I wanted to cancel my phone service to save some money and also we don't use it at all we only got it because it was needed.

Today I tried contacting VM to cancel it and just have Broadband service but if I get rid of it instead of my bill reducing by the cost of line rental it would go up please could someone offer advice or explain why VM treat the new customers better than one that have been with them for years.

All I want is a cheaper bill like my neighbours next door less than 1 week ago 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone services

Its called service bundling. Having a phone line & broadband on your account attracts a discount. Having TV attracts even more. If you were on a legacy package dropping the phone line would only save you £5 a month. If the phone line is an integral part of the pack, dropping it means you have to renegotiate all the other services, & hence lose even more.

New customers will always get a "joining" discount for a set period, & the same applies to all other providers in the telecoms sector. It also applies to utilities, insurance providers & a lot of other things too numerous to mention.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos