Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (94 Views)

Phone removed from package

Be careful everyone. Our phone service was removed from our package by Virgin without our consent just because the land phone was broken and we didn't use it for a while. They have been charging us for it the whole time. We are now moving to Sky.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 6 (71 Views)

Re: Phone removed from package

If you were still paying for it then it was still on your package. No dial tone faults etc are not detectable from VM's end & must be reported by the customer. Once they are fixed you can then reclaim on your rental.

2/3 of your line rental cost is discounted from your Broadband if its on your bundle, so the "real" cost of the landline is only around £6 a month

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (53 Views)

According to my online account it shows that I do not have a phone package it has therefore been removed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (43 Views)

Sorry for any trouble experienced Saintpom,

Please let me know if I can offer any further assistance with this.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 5 of 6 (35 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ignore the online account status. Is it on your bill?

If its on your bill then its on your account, if its not on your bill you are not paying for it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6 (28 Views)

You’re not alone.  I have been trying to get Virgin to install a phone at my address for months now. I have been told 1) I don’t have a copper wire connection at my home - which I do. 

2) Been told there are only two homes in my street that cannot get a virgin phone and that is myself and neighbour who are the ONLY two people on street with Virgin Media! 

3) Been told that I will be able to get a phone when enough "switches" are available [whatever that means]. When I asked if they had any idea when a "switch" would be free I was told "When someone ends their contract or DIES!!!"  I lie not!

I am not waiting on someone dying to get a phone so I am looking at Sky to see what they have to offer as it cannot be any worse than this shower of total incompetents at Virgin Media

0 Kudos