Menu
cheeseboard
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone problems ; Edinburgh

Hi there

Is anyone else having problems with their Virgin line (we are in the EH14 area), seems ours doesn't always connect when called and even when it does the line is quite 'crackly'?

Thought at first it was an extension we had put in but I put the phone direct to the Virgin phone socket and had the same results.

Tried running the online test and after ten seconds or so (thought the test was two minutes) 'it said' the test was inconclusive.

As I said anyone else having problems or is it contact support time?

We really need the phone just now as the wife's parents are both in hospital and I absolutely detest phoning if I don't have too (can't stand that accent).

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone problems ; Edinburgh

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

What I would like to do next is to arrange for a technician to check your telephone line so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cheeseboard,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

Are you able to try a different handset in the socket? This is just to rule out the equipment as the cause of the fault.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cheeseboard
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

WE were using a normal DECT phone which was exhibiting this behaviour.  So we bought a new phone (BT so not some knockoff rubbish) this when plugged in still exhibeted this "not get through sometimes" and "crakly line behaviour".  Still getting "tests inconclusive" after 9 seconds.

Yours

K Caulfield

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

What I would like to do next is to arrange for a technician to check your telephone line so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with appointment times.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos