Menu
Nosveratau
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone ports on broadband router

Hi all

As there were already a Telewest Broadband box installed into the flat I am renting, I contacted Virgin and asked if the box was able to be activated for current services. After checking, the box was capable of all virgin services so I ordered the Quickstart pack and installed on Saturday. Everything works as described, TV and Internet are perfect.

However what I didn't notice is that there is no phone line coming from the box, but when I received my broadband router it has 2 phone lines, am I able to use the phone ports on my router as my phone line?

Cheers

Nos

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone ports on broadband router

The phone ports on the Hub 3.0 are not currently used.

If you have been given a phone service then it'll be provided by a standard phone socket in the property.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Nosveratau
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone ports on broadband router

Hi Ben

Thanks for the reply, pity about the phone ports on the router.

Just had a look and noticed a cable that goes into the skirting, at first I thought it was the point of entry for the cable services but after tracing the cable I found that it does indeed run to a standard phone jack, cant believe I never noticed it as its behind the couch.

This post can be closed as it was down to my obvious lack of observational skills :-)

Cheers

Nos

0 Kudos