Menu
glightbody
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone number swapped with someone elses. 5 days and engineer visit!?!?

My number has been swapped with someone else's today.  She's getting my calls, and I'm getting hers.

I phoned Virgin and after a long time on hold, and then struggling to speak to someone with very, very poor English, the only option was an engineers visit on Monday 28th.

1. Why does an engineer need to visit?  Nothing has happened here.  The problem is with Virgin.  Why am I waiting for an engineer to be available, when an engineer is not required?
  2. Why is it taking so long?  I am elderly, disabled, and utterly reliant on my landline every day.  This is causing me big problems.

Really, really shocked at the level of service with this.

- G Lightbody

0 Kudos
glightbody
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone number swapped with someone elses. 5 days and engineer visit!?!?

Just called back and was on hold for 12 minutes before it was answered, but didn't really get anywhere.  Although on the plus side, the 2nd person at the call centre was understandable...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi glightbody

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment.

When we encounter issues like these, we always like to investigate the full line, which is why we've arranged for an appointment. It'll ensure that we're getting this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Apologies for the delay with the appointment, we'd love to hear how you get on and we'll be here should you need any additional assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
glightbody
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As expected, it was corrected without anyone needing to visit the house.

It appears that it took them 5 days to even take an initial look at the problem, and then they corrected it when they investigated.

If I'd had to take a day off work to wait in for an engineer who never arrived, I'd have been even more dissatisfied at the service level received.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi glightbody,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you and apologise for the inconvenience that this fault has caused you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos