Menu
Alice888
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone number disappeared

Our phone has not been able to receive incoming calls since sometime in September. Last weekend Virgin engineers came round (not having turned up the previous weekend) and informed us that the reason for our lack of incoming calls was the fact that our phone number had 'disappeared' and there were currently no phone numbers available for us to take as our own. The engineers said that they would escalate the problem to another team and that we would receive a phone call (on the mobile) from this team within 48 hours. This did not happen.

We don't know what the current state of affairs is. It's really poor customer service and incredibly irritating that we're still paying for this service when we can't use it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone number disappeared

Dissapeared?

I occasionally see crossed lines coming up in the forums where one customer gets another ones number, but this is usually just a case of "the wrong plug being put in the wrong socket", so to speak. I don't see how VM can just "lose" a number off the system & you have to wait for a new one.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Alice888
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't see how, either, but that's what we were told. The word 'disappeared' was used. We have ended up with another person's number (but don't know what it is), but ours has apparently disappeared.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alice888,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that there has been a problem getting your landline fixed.

I've had a look into this for you. Your line hasn't disappeared, but engineers have identified a fault with the line.

I'll send you a private message with more details. Just check the blue envelope at the top right side of this screen.

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos