Menu
yorgon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working

Hello, 

I joined  Virgin Media in December but had never actually connected up my phone. Whilst my Internet and TV has been working, unfortunately my phone isn't. I have no dial tone, and when I call from my mobile I can hear the ring tone, but my phone doesn't ring. When I lift the receiver I can hear a hissing sound.

My phone used to work with my previous provider so I was thinking that maybe the installation wasn't done properly.

Could someone please help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not working

Hello yorgon,

Thanks for posting.

I have tested the line and everything looks okay so can I just confirm whether you have tried a different phone in the Virgin Media socket just to rule out any fault with the equipment?

Next I would like to arrange for a technician to please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
yorgon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

I got a chance to try another phone and it had the same result as mine. I also tried my phone else where and it worked. A fault in the phone itself I think can be ruled out.

Thanks

George 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi George,

Thanks for checking that for us!

I'd like to arrange for a technician to check this out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos