Menu
stuey1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working

Hi,i have lost my phone service.No dial tone but if you call my line from another phone you get a ringtone.Worked fine one day then just stopped.Earliest eng visit is a 4 day wait which is unacceptable.No fault detected on service checker.Really need a landline at present,anyone any ideas.Thanks.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not working

stuey1 wrote:

Hi,i have lost my phone service.No dial tone but if you call my line from another phone you get a ringtone.Worked fine one day then just stopped.Earliest eng visit is a 4 day wait which is unacceptable.No fault detected on service checker.Really need a landline at present,anyone any ideas.Thanks.

When you say you get a ring tone, does your landline actually ring or do you mean you can simply hear a ring tone on the phone you are calling from?

If the latter, it is entirely likely that your landline number is now in use by a neighbour and the most likely cause of that is a VM engineer having mixed up the cables in the street cabinet, so nothing you can do yourself other than wait and hope said neighbour isn't using your number to make lots of expensive calls.  Smiley Surprised

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
stuey1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,get a ringtone on another phone when dialling the number.Surely if someone else had my number they would pickup?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuey1

I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone line recently, it's certainly not the service we want for you.

I'm glad to hear that an appointment has been organised though and I'd love to hear how it goes.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue has caused, we're looking forward to getting it resolved.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos