Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7 (136 Views)

Phone not working

I cannot send or receive calls on my phone.  The test gets to 99% and then gives up as it takes too long.  If someone does ring I can see it as a missed call, but when I try to call back, my phone displays "Please check line cord".  It was working OK yesterday and noticed that display this morning at 0823.

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (204 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Majik001
2 weeks ago

Re: Phone not working

Hi Majik001

Thanks for the fast response and for trying an alternate handset already, it makes this process a lot fasterMan Happy

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We're looking forward to putting this right and we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Just joined
Message 2 of 7 (122 Views)

Hi just bought a land line and it's not working when plugged in. How do i get virgin to check my line as tried to do a line check which didn't work either.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7 (117 Views)

HI Majik001

Welcome to the Community I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not detecting any errors at the moment though. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line? 

And @Terry05, I'd recommend creating your own post so a member of the team can take a look and keep track of the issue.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7 (114 Views)

It is curious that the phone is able to give notification of a missed call (including its number), but there is no dialling tone and the message "Please check line cord" is displayed as soon as you try to return the call.  In case I was not clear, the phone does not ring, but the "missed call notification" does appear.

I have tried another handset - one that has no display facilities.  That had no dialling tone either...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (205 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Majik001
2 weeks ago

Hi Majik001

Thanks for the fast response and for trying an alternate handset already, it makes this process a lot fasterMan Happy

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We're looking forward to putting this right and we'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7 (91 Views)

Appointment made for engineer to arrive today 0800-1200.  Actually arrived at 0800.  Problem traced to displaced cable connection in street cabinet. Matter resolved by 0820.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (30 Views)

Hey Majik001

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let us know about thisMan Happy

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos