Menu
crbhopkins
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working since before Christmas

We are in area 18

Our telephone line failed on Thurs 22nd December and Virgin cannot remedy this.

We had an engineer's appointment for last Saturday - Virgin had no record of this, so made another appointment for this Saturday (14th Jan). They have now cancelled this , but still no sign of a working phone.

Is this a familiar experience to others? With many other providers available - should we go to BT or Sky for telephone?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Talkingdrum
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone not working since before Christmas

My phone has been dead since mid November. I've been given a reconnect date of beginning of Feb. Customer services told me it's because they only have 2 cable pulling teams serving the whole of London. Virgin have to understand that this level of service is just not good enough. It's not sufficient for their customer service to keep repeating "I hear what you're saying sir", or "I understand" and then just repeat they will be reconnecting the service in 2 months. I'm going to BT myself. Leaving them is the only language they seem to understand.

0 Kudos
Talkingdrum
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"Assigned to our complaints team".........
That's interesting. I wrote to Virgin complaints 2 weeks ago about the refusal to fix my phone for 2 months (by proper post as Virgin doesn't even do the customers the courtesy of providing an email address to write to), and you know what? Not even an acknowledgement that they had received my complaint and were looking into it. Absolutely DISGUSTING TREAMENT OF CUSTOMERS!!!!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Talkingdrum
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My phone has been dead since mid November. I've been given a reconnect date of beginning of Feb. Customer services told me it's because they only have 2 cable pulling teams serving the whole of London. Virgin have to understand that this level of service is just not good enough. It's not sufficient for their customer service to keep repeating "I hear what you're saying sir", or "I understand" and then just repeat they will be reconnecting the service in 2 months. I'm going to BT myself. Leaving them is the only language they seem to understand.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi crbhopkins,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your landline since your installation and that the appointment wasn't booked in for you when you first reported the problem.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I'll need to verify your details first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Talkingdrum,

I'm sorry that due to construction requirements, there's been a delay in getting your landline fault fixed.

Checking into this, I can see that your complaint has been assigned to our Complaints Team who are monitoring the progress of the work needed and who will respond direct to you with any updates.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Talkingdrum
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"Assigned to our complaints team".........
That's interesting. I wrote to Virgin complaints 2 weeks ago about the refusal to fix my phone for 2 months (by proper post as Virgin doesn't even do the customers the courtesy of providing an email address to write to), and you know what? Not even an acknowledgement that they had received my complaint and were looking into it. Absolutely DISGUSTING TREAMENT OF CUSTOMERS!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Talkingdrum,

I'm sorry that there has been a delay in resolving your landline fault. Checking into the fault, I can see that this has been escalated to our Construction team and the delay is due to the complexities of arranging the cable replacement in order to get your service restored, such as planning notice and blockage clearance.

Once we receive your complaint, the team will respond to this within 5 working days. This time period is not up yet as it was only received this week.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
crbhopkins
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same story here, Talkingdrum

I finally had an engineer call this Tuesday. The (very) young man admitted that he had no experience of our area, when he left at 4.15pm. (We had an appointment from 8 - 12, but engineer turned up at 2.30. He tested our line to local distribution cabinets, but still no working landline. We now have another appointment promised for Saturday, who apparently is a supervisor.

Am I optimistic that our landline will be working after this visit? - NO !

This will bring our lack of phone line to 28 days on Saturday. How long would it take other providers to repair a telephone line? Not a month, I guess. If not fixed on Saturday, we then go over a month without our contracted service, then it will be time to write to the Chief Executive to ask why his company has failed so abysmally.

Talkingdrum
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure if we were potential "new" customers we wouldn't get treated like this. They'd get us hooked up pretty smartish.
0 Kudos
crbhopkins
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But we are new customers !
Connected to Virgin from Sky on Weds 21 Dec. Phone failed on 23rd
Never had any failures with our Sky service in 15 yrs
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi cbrhopkins

Apologies for the problems you're experiencing with your phone line, I'm glad to hear that action has been planned for an engineer to come and take another look and we'd love to hear how that goes.

I can assure you that this really isn't the service we want for our customers, new and current.

We're looking forward to getting this issue resolved

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos