Menu
fredo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone not ringing

Only happens with one of our friends. She can leave a message ok, but it doesn't ring when she calls. No problem with anyone else. She's with BT.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not ringing

Hi fredo

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with the telephone service.

Is your friend able to make other calls OK? What type of phone is she calling from? Is that a mobile, another Virgin landline or anything else? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fredo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

She makes other calls no problem. She's with BT. The same thing happens with both her mobile and landline. We have no problem with anyone else.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi fredo

I'd recommend getting her to contact her provider, when calls are made it's the caller that initiates a path for the call to take to get to the destination. 

That being said, the fact that it's the same from her mobile would pinpoint something to do with the handset potentially. Does your handset have call blocking features? Would you be able to factory reset it so that the settings are default and try this again? 

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fredo
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think it must be from her end too. I do have call blocking but it does not block the call for she can leave a message when my answerphone kicks in. I think her call just hasn't enough oomph to trigger my ringer. I'll think I'll get her to contact her provider.
0 Kudos