Menu
Flightsimer
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phone not ringing

I have recently got Virgin installed for Phone, TV and Broadband. All seemed OK but now we have noted that our landline phone does not ring. We can ring out and all is fine but if we ring the landline then birthing happens. Our phones worked fine before changing over. The phones were bought from BT about a year ago, one of their phone ranges that allows you to block callers etc. Any ideas anyone?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Flightsimer
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone not ringing

Thanks Craig, we tested the phone and it worked on another line.
It's been hit and miss when connected to our Virgin line until today, when it seems to have sorted itself out and is working fine, apart from not displaying the callers number do I'll need to get the caller display put on the account. Thankyou again for testing the line.

James
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Flightsimer

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems with your phone not ringing at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and test the line, we're not detecting any obvious issues right away though. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

If so, then we'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look. Let me know and I'll be able to arrange that for youMan Happy

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Flightsimer
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Craig, we tested the phone and it worked on another line.
It's been hit and miss when connected to our Virgin line until today, when it seems to have sorted itself out and is working fine, apart from not displaying the callers number do I'll need to get the caller display put on the account. Thankyou again for testing the line.

James
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi James,

Thanks for getting back to us. Craig is away for a few days, so I've picked up your post. 

Thank you for letting us know that you have tested your phone handset on another line and that it works fine. If you have any further problems with this, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
gsheehan513
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem.  Ive tried a different phone on my line and still doesn't ring.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey gsheehan513

Welcome to the community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end, I can see that this has been escalated to our team to be investigated. As soon as they've taken a good look, a member of the team will be in touchMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes and I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Minx1968
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I too have suddenly got this problem from yesterday. I have a dial tone and can call out, but when trying to call in the phone does not ring here but, alternately either just rings out for the caller or suddenly stops and crackles and then cuts them off?? It was working perfectly until yesterday?!

I have done an online line test but saying there is nothing wrong with the line. Any ideas please?!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Minx768

Welcome to the Community, usually we ask that you create your own thread for a member of staff to take a look at this although I'd like to help to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end, we're not detecting any issues at the moment.

Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Izzie31
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am experiencing the same issue. I have a dial tone and can call out, but when trying to call in the phone does not ring. If I do pick up the phone when calling from my cell, even though it doesn’t ring or light up, the call goes through. I have tried doing a reset on my phone and borrowing a friend’s phone but nothing works.  

I have done an online line test but there is nothing wrong with the line.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Izzie31

Sorry to hear about the problems with your service at the moment, I wanted to let you know that I've responded to your thread regarding this issue which you can view by [clicking here]

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos