Menu
nickyw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone not ringing/answerphone not taking messages

Not receiving incoming calls and callers not able to leave messages. Have called from my mobile and can hear a ringing tone, but the actual landline doesn't ring. Not sure how long this has been a problem and only found out when someone emailed to say they couldn't get in touch. The last call I picked up was about a week ago. I've checked that the ringer is switched on and have unplugged the phone and plugged back in again but no change. I don't have another socket I can try.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not ringing/answerphone not taking messages

Do you have a call blocker or a BT 6500 or BT 8500?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
nickyw1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

None of these

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have another phone you can try? That's what they will ask you to do. If you can try another phone and it still doesn't work then it's probably a line fault.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
nickyw1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think I have an old one in the loft. Will try it tomorrow. thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey nickyw1

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone at the moment.

As wonkatsane has mentioned, we'd love to make sure the handset isn't causing any problems so either trying an alternate handset, or your handset on an alternate line, would be great.

Also, I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately. So that I can do that could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos