Menu
NDC1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone no dial tone, can't receive incoming calls

My phone doesn`t have a dial tone and can`t receive incoming calls (the phone rings). There is a message telling me to check the phone line. I have unplugged the phone from the socket and tried another phone with the same result.

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone no dial tone

Hi there NDC1, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is playing up at the moment, and I'd really like to help you get this no dial tone issue resolved. 

I've done some testing on the line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this fault, there are no local issues and no abnormalities on the line, so as you've already tried another phone, I think it's best to arrange for someone to call out and take a closer look at things for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone no dial tone

Hi there NDC1, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is playing up at the moment, and I'd really like to help you get this no dial tone issue resolved. 

I've done some testing on the line, and can see no reason why you should be experiencing this fault, there are no local issues and no abnormalities on the line, so as you've already tried another phone, I think it's best to arrange for someone to call out and take a closer look at things for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Baxter1
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone no dial tone, can't receive incoming calls

My 92year old Aunt has no dialling tone on her phone (0115 ********) yet again, and cannot be contacted. This puts her in danger and I have to visit her to make sure she is alright, at my cost, and worry. Her Virgin account no. Is ******** - post code NG5 2BA. Please resolve soonest today! Her phone is new and otherwise working. Reported by P J Bailey 0115 ********.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Baxter1,

I'm sorry to hear that your Aunt's landline isn't working. The personal details you put on your post have been removed as per the Forum rules, so I will need to send you a private message so that I get the details in order to look into this if the landline fault is still ongoing.

I'll send you a private message requesting the required details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

It's also worth noting that due to the nature of the Forum, if you have an issue that requires immediate attention, please contact us by calling in on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Baxter1,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and would like for me to arrange an engineer appointment, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos