Menu
Richy19801
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone lines completely dead

Hi I've recently signed up to v media but my phone line wasn't working so I had an engineer put the line on. It was on for 2 days although I was getting phone calls off people asking for ppl I didn't know and it seems I was give some one else phone line or number. I rang up and was given a new number although I was still receiving numerous calls and now there's no dial tone or anything. Could some 1 please help as I've no way of contacting
Faults thanks

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone lines completely dead

Hi there Richy19801,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble experienced.

I'd like to help with this, but I'm unable to locate your account information at the moment.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem Richy19801,

Thanks for responding.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get an engineer visit arranged ASAP.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

All Replies
Richy19801
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All I can think of is whoever was ringing me saying this is my landline number must have rang up and got my line cut off. I'm really losing my patience with all this and would be grateful of some help thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Richy19801,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble experienced.

I'd like to help with this, but I'm unable to locate your account information at the moment.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Richy19801,

I've tested the line state and this appears to be idle at the moment.

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the handset or tested different equipment at all?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Richy19801
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me nat. I've tried everything. When the engineer went and put the line on at the box in the street I got over 20 calls off different ppl asking to speak to some 1 and even the actual person rang and said this is my number. I was getting there phone calls and now it seems I'm disconected and I'm guessing there back on. Also the new number I was given didn't work could we be both been coned red into the same line as the ppl ringing live on the next street. I'm really struggling to get this resolved and to actually explain what the problem is. All I can think of is they were turned off when my line was conected and now theve had an engineer and it's happened to me. Thanks nat j
0 Kudos
Richy19801
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have an old talk talk phone line that's working fine. I think there's a mix up that has happened some were. I honestly don't no what to do thank you nat J the handsets fine as well in the old line so the problems defiantly with the line. The phone line went off yesterday after I received lots of calls meant for another person thanka
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem Richy19801,

Thanks for responding.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get an engineer visit arranged ASAP.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Shan06
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi my phone line is not working I'm not quite sure why it's not working i think there is a problem outside so can you please send a engineer as soon as possible and I really need an phone line asap so can you please get back in touch thank you
0 Kudos
bluegirl162
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My virgin landline is completely dead. If some one rings it goes straight to the answer phone and there is no dialling tone when we try to ring out

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi bluegirl162

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems with your telephone service recently.

I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you unfortunately. So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos