Menu
Palfreman
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Phone line

I have not had a phone line for over 24 hours, can somebody please respond and let me know what is going on

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone line

A forum team member will pick this up in a day or two and respond.  There is an online chat option in the contact us section http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ but that is often very busy.

Edit: I see you already posted this fault in the Phone board yesterday and have already had a response from the Forum Team.  You need to go back to that thread and reply to the question asked by the forum team.  Click on this link to go to that thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone/PHONE-LINE/m-p/3259731

All Replies
Stythinator
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Best thing you can do is Report a fault by calling 0345 454 1111 from another landline or even a mobile. You might need a Engineers visit to get this fixed (Could also be a fault in the area) but ringing up is the quickest way you will get it sorted.

Thanks

Stythinator

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You can contact Virgin Media on their freephone customer service helpline 0800 064 3839.

as it can be a lengthy and costly process using the 0345 454 1111 number

http://ukcontactnumber.uk/virgin-media/

0 Kudos
Palfreman
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

How can I contact Virgin without a phone line I do not have a mobile.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A forum team member will pick this up in a day or two and respond.  There is an online chat option in the contact us section http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/ but that is often very busy.

Edit: I see you already posted this fault in the Phone board yesterday and have already had a response from the Forum Team.  You need to go back to that thread and reply to the question asked by the forum team.  Click on this link to go to that thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone/PHONE-LINE/m-p/3259731

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Palfreman,

I'm sorry that your landline isn't working. I can see that Josh responded to your other post yesterday about this, but there's been no reply from you yet.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. I can see that there are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, so we will need for you to check your equipment.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Palfreman
Joining in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

The whole area is out so there must be a major problem, this has been going on for 24 hours, get your team out to rectify the problem. let people know when it will be sorted.
0 Kudos
Palfreman
Joining in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

This sort of response is not acceptable, having to wait many hours and not getting a response. Is the future service that Virgin are going to give, makes me seriously consider moving.

Brian

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You had a response from a VM staff member @Terri_P at 10.56am today. Have you done the requested checks and responded to the private message? If appropriate they will arrange an engineer visit.

In my personal experience the response to telephone faults is excellent.
Palfreman
Joining in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I did what was requested and got an engineers date of the 25th which is not acceptable, I cannot be without a phone for a further 7 days. The whole area where I live is out, it is a major outage and Virgin are not taking it seriously. All my neighbours have complained and sent pictures of a junction box which seems to have been vandalised, but no response. This is unacceptable customer service and I will be writing to the MD in the very near future and taking my business to another provider.

Brian

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos