Menu
Dankent52
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone line problems

Hi

I had Virgin media installed (phone, tv and broadband) back in January. The TV and broadband installed fine and work well. However, the engineer struggled to sort the phone line. He told me the cabinet down the road was a 'mess' and he was struggling with it. 

He said he would come back the following day and try again. We've not heard since but the phone line doesn't work (and never has) . As we don't use the phone, I wasn't too concerned but as we're paying for a full package it should work. 

There is no dialling tone at all and I assume there is a 'mis-wiring' in the cabinet down the road. How do I go about getting this fixed?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
moziah
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line problems

I am experiencing same problem

0 Kudos
moziah
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

also I very rarely use the phone could do without it and save a monthly fee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dankent52,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention--I'm sorry that your landline hasn't worked since your installation in January.

I will need to arrange an engineer to get this fixed for you, so I'll need to take further details from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Alternatively, you can call in on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) or contact Online Chat: Virgin Media Online Chat.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi moziah,

Welcome to the Community Forum--I'm sorry to hear that your landline is not working. 

I've been able to access your account via your Forum details and can see that you have already arranged an engineer appointment for this problem.

Please let us know how you get on with this. If you would like to enquire about removing the landline service from your package, please give us a call once your line is working again on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) or contact us via Virgin Media Online Chat.  Just click on: Account and Billing > My broadband, TV and home phone package > Chat online

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dankent52
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

the engineer visited this morning and all is working fine now. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dankent52

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I'm glad to hear that the engineer was able to get this resolved. 

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos