Menu
overduejustice
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line outside

I changed to Sky a couple of years ago due to security issues with VM but have now changed back. Yesterday I noticed that the phone line (Black wire) was open to the elements along the wall with all the coloured wires visible. The orange wire was cut an folded back and the white and blue were connected with what I can only describe as glass bulbs.

It's obvious someone has been messing with them, my question is what coloured wires should be connected just for the phone line and how can I secure them?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line outside

Hello overduejustice,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

What I would like to do here is to arrange for someone to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line outside

overduejustice wrote:

I changed to Sky a couple of years ago due to security issues with VM but have now changed back. Yesterday I noticed that the phone line (Black wire) was open to the elements along the wall with all the coloured wires visible. The orange wire was cut an folded back and the white and blue were connected with what I can only describe as glass bulbs.

It's obvious someone has been messing with them, my question is what coloured wires should be connected just for the phone line and how can I secure them?

Modern phones only need two wires to be connected ... White with Blue stripe / and Blue with White stripe.

It would however be best to leave it to a VM engineer to sort out.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron