Menu
Leanne1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working

My home phone hasn't got a dialling tone and when I call it, it doesn't ring?
0 Kudos
johnboy412000
Dialled in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working

Join the club neither is ours i dont know what time it went off i attempted to make a call about 2pm and it wasnt working so i checked all the leads but still dead. I looked on the service status and it said estimated fix time 21:25 and now it says 16:00 on 9th May. Why is it taking so long i am furious i bet you wont offer any refunds. I am so tempted to tell you shove your pathetic services where the sun don't shine you are a joke. Give me one good reason why i should stay with Virgin Media ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leanne1984,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are having problems with your landline.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. I can see that there are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, so we will need for you to check your equipment.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnboy412000,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum--sorry that you have been having problems with your landline.

I've checked your line and can see that you have already arranged an engineer for this.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

johnboy412000
Dialled in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you i will let you know how it goes. The fix estimate now says 17:15 today and i know my handset isnt faulty because i have a spare one and i tried it and it was still dead 

0 Kudos
johnboy412000
Dialled in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Do we get a refund when its done ? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there johnboy412000, 

I'm really sorry to hear that  your phone line is still being affected by this outage, I can see that the estimated fix time has now been extended again until 9:15pm tonight. 

I've double checked on the fault reference  F004426910 and can see that just 15 minutes ago we had confirmation that the network technicians were still on site working on the fault. There does seem to be a problem in one of the level 3 cabinets, and the technicians are having to replace some equipment, then reconnect every customer in turn, this is what is causing some delays in getting things back up and running. 

I've made a note on the account for you, as you would be entitled to a loss of service credit, as it's been over 24 hours from when you first reported this issue. 

Once things are back up and running, please give our customer service team a call on 150, and once they pass security with you, they can apply the credit. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

johnboy412000
Dialled in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

And with the passing of every hour im leaning more and more towards another provider. This is not the first time ive had problems over the course of 8 1/2 years of being a loyal Virgin Media customer ive suffered more technical problems mostly with the Broadband than anything else. You are a shambles and its time you bucked your ideas up before you end up with no customers at all and i certainly wont be recommending Virgin to anyone 

0 Kudos
Leanne1984
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The phone itself does work as I had it tested yesterday elsewhere. Is it possible to book in an engineer?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leanne1984,

Thanks for confirming that you've ruled out your handset.  I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and get this fixed for you.

I will pop the details in a private message for you.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos