Menu
BPEden
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working for over 1 month

I am a new customer and my broadband,tv and phone were all supposed to have been connected on Saturday 3 December 2016. The engineer came quite late in the day, he managed to connect the broadband and TV but not the phone. He said he will come back the following week to get us all connected. We waited and waited then I logged a fault and an engineer came on 21 Dec. He had a look and just left without saying what the error was. I logged more faults and engineers were booked for Friday 23 December, he didn't pitch up and then one came on Saturday 24th December and he struggled to find what the error was and as it was Christmas eve we told him to just leave it and come back another day.  Another fault was logged and an engineer came on 12 January and the fault was finally fixed.

So we have been without a phone for nearly 6 weeks and in all that time no one from virgin media contacted us with updates or what the actual error was. I been charged in full for this period and I think should be refunded in full for the line rental or given maybe 6 months free phone rental for the inconvenience of having to wait for engineers and trying  to make phone calls and speak to someone at virgin media.

I tried phoning this evening and was on hold for about 15 minutes and then the call just cut off. It seems to me that Virgin Media are very eager to offer the services and sign you up but but not willing to sort out problems and make it very difficult for the customer to actually speak to someone and make a complaint. 

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working for over 1 month

because virgin are a joke, i personally would take your service elsewhere, they only want your money. they wont refund you the whole amount either, they will offer you like £3.

if theyre not providing you with a service you pay for, theyre breaking their terms and conditions.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working for over 1 month

HI BPEden

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone service recently.

Is your phone line active and working at the moment? I'd recommend calling our customer service team on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 to discuss a credit for the service you've received. I can help with adjusting your bill to ensure you're not paying for the service but I won't be able to offer anything more than that, as you've requested.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos