Menu
Charlotte84
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working but broadband is

Hi my phone is not working I haven't been told my landline number but my broadband is connected and working fine
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working but broadband is

Hi Charlotte84

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment though. I hope that means that things are working as they should at the moment? 

If not, have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying another handset or your handset on an alternate line? 

We're looking forward to hearing from you and getting this issue resolved.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Charlotte84
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It says on the screen of my phone to check phone line has said this since I've had broadband activated. I also haven't been sent a phone number by virgin but I am paying for the privilege
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlotte84

Thanks for the response, once we get the phone working you can dial your mobile number to get your telephone number.

As for the issue itself, we'd really love to test the handset. That error message your seeing will very likely pop up in any circumstance of the phone not working so it doesn't necessarily mean that there's an issue with the line.

If you're able to test the handset, either by trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line and that still doesn't solve the issue, we'll be able to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look with no risk of a charge for the issue being with your equipment.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Charlotte84
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have tried a different phone and still says "check phone line" on the screen
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Charlotte84

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to confirm the appointment.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos