Menu
JonahIJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not active

We last week moved to Virgin - phone & broadband with quick install.  Broadband is up and running no problem but the phone line seems to be completely dead.  We have not received any information in the post regarding phone number etc as we originally expected.  We've tried the socket with a number of phones but there is nothing at all - no dial tone, etc.

Any info appreciated!

Cheers.

0 Kudos
jamemurphy22
Settling in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not active

HI I am having a similar problem, still not received a phone number, line does not work, but unfortunately we cannot get TV or Internet either, Unfortunately all Engineers are too busy out putting cards through doors in our area to drum up new business, therefore they cannot attend to fix. Hope you get on better, I need to wait a week for an engineer.

Try calling customer service, hopefully in you area they can get an engineer out a little quicker

JonahIJ wrote:

We last week moved to Virgin - phone & broadband with quick install.  Broadband is up and running no problem but the phone line seems to be completely dead.  We have not received any information in the post regarding phone number etc as we originally expected.  We've tried the socket with a number of phones but there is nothing at all - no dial tone, etc.

Any info appreciated!

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not active

Hey JonahlJ

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone line lately.

I can see you've spoken with our team about testing your equipment in the last 40 minutes, as you've mentioned that you've already done that and we're confident you won't be charged for this issue being with your equipment I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, I've sent you information about this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you, apologies again for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos