Menu
Dig-fire
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone line fault

Hi

I'm getting problems receiving calls (phone not ringing) - it's not the handsets - I've replaced them. Hissing and crackling when making calls also. Reported the fault before Christmas and an engineer came out to take a look on 31 December. He said the fault was damage outside of the property at the exchange. He said 5 lines coming into the property, and none of them were working properly - but he switched to the best of the bunch, but said it would probably fail again. He said fault would be fixed by the 10 of Jan. Well - still not working! No contact from Virgin as to what's happening or when service is likely to be working again. And judging by my latest bill I'm still being charged. When trying to speak to anyone about it - I get caught in the automated call loop telling me the line is ok and that I need to book an appointment with engineer. Joy!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line fault

Hi Dig-fire

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment. I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this for you.

When testing the line we're not seeing any problems being reported, there are also no reported problems in your area at the moment so I've contacted the engineering team in your area regarding a resolution time-frame. 

In order to ensure that we keep in touch with you, I'd like to escalate this from our end too. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we want to get it sorted as soon as possible.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dig-Fire

I just wanted to let you know that I've had word back from the team in your area and they're going to contact you very soonMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dig-fire
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The engineer came out on Saturday. A very friendly, polite and professional man.

He did some testing etc inside and out. And I believe he may have changed the master phone box inside as a precaution. I took a brief call whilst he was here and the phone actually rang and the call appeared to be clear.

He thought the engineer that came out on the prior Monday may have tested the line but not reconnected it to the working one.

However - on Saturday evening I received a call (yes it rang) but within a few of seconds the call was completely inaudible with loud crackling/interference - so I had to revert back to my mobile.

On Sunday the line was completely dead - no dial tone - incoming or outgoing calls.

This has been the case since then.

The engineer that came on Saturday did say that he had requested another engineer to test all connections outside. This was scheduled in for yesterday. During this time he said we may lose service.

Hoping this will be resolved soon.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dig-Fire. 

I'm really sorry to hear that the issue with your phone line is still on going, and I'd really like to help you out. 

I've taken a look at the recent faults, and can see that the job was passed to a network technician who discovered that there was some faulty equipment along the way, this has now been changed over.

As you're still having an issue with the phone line, I think it's best to get another technician out to investigate further for you. At this point, I'd request the senior technician from your area to call out and check things over. 

I'll send you a private message so we can get this arranged. Please check the top right of this page, where you'll see the purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos