Menu
Tuvok
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone line down

Went down at about 5am this morning, still down 2 hrs later but the online checker says no fault. This is the second time over the bank holiday weekend, and is a recurring problem with my Virgin phone line. BT is 10 times more reliable.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line down

Hi there Tuvok, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your phone line over the last few days. 

I've done some testing on the line, and can see that although there are no known local issues, your line is reporting some errors, so I'd like to arrange a technician to call out and investigate further for you.

I've sent you a private message in order to get this arranged, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again,

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tuvok
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well 2 weeks later the phone is dead again, and has been for several hours. Last time it did come back up, and you said there were no irregularities on the line after it came back up, so I cancelled the engineer appointment.  Why on earth does it keep going down ?  Appalling service. It isn;t rocket science to supply a reliable phone line, BT have been doing it for decades.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Tuvok, 

I'm really sorry to hear that the phone line has stopped working once again for you, Upon running some tests, I can see that we did become aware of a local issue yesterday  - however that was restored after a few hours. 

We are not currently aware of any local issues, The line is not showing any obvious faults this time, so I think it's best to arrange a technician to call out and see what's going on. 

I'll send you a private message, if you could come back to me on that, we can get something sorted out. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tuvok
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've replied to the PM. The line is now back up, but best to get an engineer to check regardless as to why it keeps going down. There was no issue with the phone yesterday, it started today.

0 Kudos