Menu
jeannot18
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line down again

My first time here. Second time now that my phone line is down. TBH I think that the Virgin Customer services is pants, there is almost no way to speak to someone on the phone, all you can do is book an appointment for an engineer and just have to wait.

Last week i was told that my line was fine, status online showed as ok and was told that my phone was probably faulty, so I went to buy another phone (just a cheap one) but to find out that after all that the line was the problem. An engineer was booked for 2 days later, then to be texted on my mobile to say that the fault should fixed. So that was ok as it was done on the same day.

Now the same problem occurs today, i have an appointment for tomorrow, so again i will have to be stucked indoors between 08:00 and 12:00, when I am pretty sure that the fault can be solved remotely.

I would not mind not having a land line as we have mobile phones, but the problem is that my son is on the waiting list for a kidney transplant, and yes they can try our mobile phone but is there was a bad signal then they have no way to contact us.

A not very happy Virgin customer right now

J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line down again

Hi jeannot18,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you have had with your landline and that this issue was not fixed in the first instance that an engineer was booked for you.

When a customer has a landline fault, we have to verify that it isn't the telephone handset equipment that is causing the fault, as sending an engineer out for this would be a waste of both your time and the engineer's, as we wouldn't be able to replace your equipment because you own your phone. This is why we ask that you try an alternative handset on your line and verify if the fault is still occurring. You could always borrow a handset or alternatively, take your handset to a friend or neighbour's house and test it on their line. If it works fine, then it wouldn't be your phone causing the fault. We do not require that you buy a brand new telephone handset.

With a landline fault, a technician is dispatched to your local area to see if the line issue can be resolved in the cabinet. We have to schedule the engineer time at your property in case the fault is not found in the cabinet and checks need to be done in your property. In the case that the fault is found in the cabinet, this will be fixed and you should be notified. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you having to wait in for the engineer to complete the checks and work required.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jeannot18
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem has been sorted now. An engineer came and check my line inside and outside. At the end it was the "relais" further down the street, the conduct was full of water, so he replaced the seal and everything is fine now. My frustration was to not be able to somebody by just calling a number.

J

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jeannot18,

Glad to hear this has been sorted for you. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Should you experience any further issues just get back to us on here so we can take a look at it for you.

Many thanks

Take care
Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos