Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7 (126 Views)

Phone line dead

Hello,

For the past few days my phone line hasn't been working. There is no dial tone and I'm unable to make any calls. When people call me it goes to answer phone, my phone will ring but when I answer it, I just hear a hissing noise. I'm also unable to use the 1471 or 1571 numbers.

I've tried to use the service status but when I run the test, it will go to 99% and then show an error message. I've tried the test yesterday and today but keep getting the same message.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 7 (111 Views)

Re: Phone line dead

Similar problem here now in Cardiff on 02920 xxxxxx numbers. Both my line and that of my immediate neighbour are out of service today. Not sure if anyone else's is but I suspect so. Same problem with TEST...99% then fails. Service Status page reports no fault...**bleep** is up with Virgin...there is clearly a fault somewhere!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7 (83 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for reporting this to us Mike87 and very sorry about the fault experienced. Smiley Sad

I've had a look into this and I'm unable to detect any obvious cause for this at the moment.

Have you tried testing different equipment at all or disconnecting/reconnecting the handset from the socket?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Forum Team
Message 4 of 7 (80 Views)

Sorry to hear that you're also having some trouble with your service JimmyTheJock,

I've located your account and I've also not been able to detect any faults from this end.

Is the service still inactive? If so, could you also complete the checks mentioned within my post to Mike87, if possible?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7 (67 Views)

Hello Nat,

Thanks for the reply, I've tried disconnecting and re-connecting it but it hasn''t fixed it. I've just tried this again but no change. I'm afraid I don't have any other phones I can try.

I'm not sure if this will make a difference, but I have my Internet with you and I've had no problems with that, it's just the phone line. It has been working fine up until last weekend and I've been with Virgin for over a year now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7 (63 Views)

Sorry about this Mike87,

I'd like to arrange for one of our engineers to attend to investigate the landline fault further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in ASAP.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)

Hi Mike87,

Thanks for your message advising that the service is now working for you.

I can see that the engineer appointment has been closed down as fixed.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J