Menu
DavePHawk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead

My phone line has been dead for about 3 days. The online check says there are no problems. If I phone the landline from my mobile it sounds like its ringing on the mobile but it doesn't ring on the landline.  I have noticed there are many people with the exact same problem as me on this forum in the last few days: coincidence? I think not.  I notice on some of the replies Virgin say they have found a fault in the person's area which they are now fixing, how come Virgin aren't aware that there are area faults and why are there so many? (I'm assuming the amount of dead line problems is unusual and not the norm - I've been with Virgin for many years and not had a problem before).

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead

Hi DavePHawk,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've run a diagnostic on your line and everything is looking clear on this end. Have you tried using another handset in the socket? This ensure the equipment isn't causing the problem.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DavePHawk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've tried two phones in the phone socket and still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavePHawk,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'd like to arrange for a technician to check this out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
farwellh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep you are absolutely right - I am in same boat
0 Kudos
DavePHawk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Technician came on Friday, had a quick look, went outside to the nearest box, two minutes later it was all fixed. Don't know what Virgin have changed recently to cause all these problems but would be nice if they admitted it was their fault and got more engineers out so people aren't without a phone for a week or more.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread with this information @DavePHawk

Great to hear that this has been resolved for you. Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're also having some trouble @farwellh. :/

I've checked your line state and I'm unable to detect any obvious cause for concern at the moment. 

If you're still experiencing trouble let me know and I'll be more than happy to take another look for you, 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
farwellh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Now don't say "great to hear we fixed it & it's up & running" because VM deserve no positive Kudos whatsoever considering all the BS I had to go through to get any action at all & all the standard lies I was told time & time again by customer annoyance department. In short STOP using terrible quality cable on your installs!!!! It's cheap nasty 2 pair rubbish - you can buy better from DIY stores for petes sake!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi farwellh

I believe @Nat_J was directing her comments about the service issues being resolved to the other community member so I am sorry if this came across as directed at yourself, that was not her intent.

I can see that since you originally posted our teams have been able to get the landline issue resolved for you. If there are any further issues you have with this part of the service if you can please let us know and we will do everything we can to support you with this.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos