Menu
tedc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead

My phone line is dead. I've been away since Wednesday and returned today and the phone isnt working.I've phoned support who say the technician isnt available until 8th March!!

Can someone try and get me an appointment before this as bein without ahome phone for this length of time isnt really acceptable

0 Kudos
rfwilmut
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead

Same thing here (Greater London) - I don't often use it so it may have been out for some time. Silence; if I ring it from another line I hear ringing tone but it doesn't ring. Phone is OK. Online check says everything is OK, so much for that. Broadband is OK, fortunately.

Engineer booked - for 8 March. Ten days... it's a good job it's not my main phone. Pretty poor service.

0 Kudos
tedc1
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I tried phoning my home phone and get exactly the same as you. Aswe've been away we dont know how long its not been working but it was fine the day we left! I've looked at the appointments on my account and its now showing 2 engineer appointments. 1 is for today between 8-4pm and the other on 8th March!

If there arent any issues with the phones( my service status says its all ok and my Broadband is working fine) then not sure why we have to wait 10 days for someone to come and fix them!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi tedc1,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've located your account and I can see the appointment in question, I can monitor the account to see if we get any cancellations to move your appointment forward.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tedc1
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Ir would be really helpful to know why it takes so long for someone to come out and see what the issue is. Having to wait 10 days is a poor service. I hope I wont be charged for the phone while this issue is ongoing?

I also work from home so this fault means no one can call me. If I use my mobile to make calls I'll be using up my allowance which is only 300 mins a month - I usually use the home phone to make calls so I dont need a large amount of minutes. How can I claim for reimbursement for this 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi tedc1,

I'm really sorry for the delay. The technicians seem to be unusually busy in your area at the moment.

I can absolutely arrange a loss of service credit to cover the time the line has been down. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tedc1
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've now got an appointment booked for today between 12-4pm as the phone is still dead..Does the engineer phone nearer the time so you have an idea of when they will come?

0 Kudos
tedc1
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Obviously not as no update from the engineer and no reply from the Forum Team!! Still waiting....

0 Kudos
farwellh
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Read my posts Ted! They are awfull truly awfull
0 Kudos
tedc1
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

From reading this forum it looks like lots of customers are having  similar issues with the home phone so it doesnt look like its just a local issue.  They need more engineers to deal as days waiting for someone to come out to look at whats wrong isnt acceptable. I've got an appointment booked 12-4pm but reading some forum posts is making me worried that they might not turn up today... keeping fingers crossed though!!. 1hr 10mins left before 4pm

0 Kudos