Menu
jameswrx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead

Phone line has been getting progressively worse (noisy) over last few months until last couple of weeks I've been unable to make or receive calls. It was ringing and cutting off if I tried to answer. Now the socket is totally dead. And yes I've plugged the phone direct to the wall etc.
It's not easy trying to sort this without it costing a fortune ringing from my mobile.
I tried the online checker and it just aborts saying it can't complete the phone line check as there is an issue.. Which is a clue in itself surely.

I've been waiting for it to get sorted but I decided to post on here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead

Hi there jameswrx, 

Welcome back to the forums, may I say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing a noisy line for the last few months, to such a point that the line is now totally dead. 

I've done some testing on the line, and am not seeing any known issues, and the tests are not showing anything untoward on the line itself, I guess there may have been an issue with the line check at the time. I'd have to ask if you were able to eliminate the phone at all, either by trying another phone on the line, or by trying your phone in a known working socket. 

The reason behind me asking this, is that if we can eliminate the phone then the next step would be to get someone to call out and take a closer look at things for you. I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving once you've confirmed that the phone has been tested. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a blue envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there jameswrx, 

Just thought I'd check in with you to see if you've been able to read through the private message I sent to you Saturday morning, as I've not yet had a reply. 

If you've been able to eliminate the phone from being at fault and would like for me to arrange a technician to call out, please let me know. 

Many thanks. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jameswrx
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

After a painful phone call (on my mobile) I have a tech coming out tomorrow night.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there jameswrx, 

Thank you for letting me know that you were able to sort out a technician visit, I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't an easy process. 

How did everything go with the technician last night, I sure hope all is working for you now. 

Huw

0 Kudos