Menu
Tracy1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead no ringtone tried troubleshooting still not working

Hi, phone line has been off since Tuesday, no ringtone. I have tried the phone on another line and it works fine. If you dial the number it rings but the house phone does not ring.

The box is old (telewest) and I'm wondering if it may be a fault with this as the problem seems to be the connection between the box and the phone. We have only recently moved into the property and don't want a bill for replacing this if necessary.  Broadband and to are working fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I emailed yesterday and was told somebody was looking into it but have not got back to me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead no ringtone tried troubleshooting still not working

Hi Tracey1979,

Welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Landline isn't working.  It's great to hear you've already ruled out your handset.  

I have carried out a line check and although no fault has been detected from here there may be a fault with wiring.  I have arranged for an engineer to call out and get this fixed for you.

I have sent you all the details in a private message.  (Look out for the envelope icon next to your username)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lou17
Joining in
Message 3 of 71
Flag for a moderator

ive had the same problem.

i tried to make outgoing call over 3 weeks ago only to find my phone screen said check phone line. we were due to go on hols so ive waited until were back. ive reported the fault and a representative has come back saying the line is fine etc. cobblers.

ive tried the phone elsewhere and it works fine. im trying to sort out an engineer to call to sort my problem, but because theres no line problem i cant do it online- i dont have a virgin mobile so cant call customer services for free either.. so im in limbo..

theres no dial tone, and you cant make receive calls.    apparently -as of now 20:00 thursday 30 apr 2015  -

theres a fault on the line to do with voicemail... not that i use it.

if someone can arrange an engineer or start the ball rolling that would be great. ta/

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hi lou17,

Welcome to the Community Forums Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear your Landline hasn't been working for you.

I have carried out a line status check for you and no fault has been detected so far.  I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call out for you.

I will send you a private message with all the details of the next steps. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
crazy_daisy
Joining in
Message 5 of 71
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem I've even bought a new phone can you check to see if I've got a fault on my line
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hey crazy_daisy

I'm really sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment.

So I can take a closer look at this and run some tests on the line for you, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
collycroft
Joining in
Message 7 of 71
Flag for a moderator

No dial tone since 20th may, tried another handset and online tests to no avail.

Regards, John.

0 Kudos
collycroft
Joining in
Message 8 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Correction: Message should have read 'No dial tone since 15th May'!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 71
Flag for a moderator

Hey collycroft

Welcome to the forum, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're getting with your phone line. 

So that I can take a closer look and run some tests on the line from our end, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
calibrax
Joining in
Message 10 of 71
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. Phone line is dead, i.e. no ringtone. If I call it from my mobile the phone plugged in does ring, but picking it up does not answer the call (on the mobile it continues to give the ringing tone). Called the fault line and tried the troubleshooting but it said there was no fault. Because of this I went out and bought a new phone, but the same thing happens with that. Very annoyed right now.

0 Kudos