Menu
Highlighted
albchong
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead for three days

Phone line completely dead. I was hoping it was due to scheduled maintenance but I have a feeling that it's a problem between the local cabinet and my house. It's getting a bit frustrating because the phone line seems to be getting hit a lot this year and friends are saying they can't get hold of me.

I have tried all the extensions, plugging and unplugging the handsets. I have tried spare handsets all with the same result. No service at all.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone line dead for two days

Hi albchong

Thanks for posting about the landline issues and my apologies about the phone fault.

I've checked and you have an engineer booked who looks like they are on site right now for you.

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi albchong

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. 

As for the bill, I can help to ensure you're not paying for a service you've not been receiving by way of a credit, but compensation isn't something I can help with.

If you'd like me to take a look at getting that sorted for you, just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll get right to it. You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi albchong

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I'm glad to hear that action has been taken to resolve this issue too.

You know where to find us should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
albchong
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead for three days

Quick update. I'm unable to access the Virgin Media Page to book an engineer visit.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi albchong

Thanks for posting about the landline issues and my apologies about the phone fault.

I've checked and you have an engineer booked who looks like they are on site right now for you.

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
albchong
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Update as requested

The engineer just left after about half an hour on site. Apparently the cable duct is severely damaged and too dangerous to restore service at this point. He has said he will call this in to book an appointment for the damaged mix to be repaired after which another appointment to restore my phone service will be made. At this point I should seek compensation from Virgin Media for loss of service or so I'm told.

0 Kudos
albchong
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New Update

A new engineer visited this afternoon and confirmed there was a problem but identified this issue as being the exterior cable and has made an appointment for a new cable to be run.

0 Kudos
albchong
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen, Phoneline is now restored and service working. My wife was there to oversee the work. She says the contractor was quick and professional and she was very impressed. Well done Virgin media...now I just have to find time to call them to ask for compensation.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi albchong

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. 

As for the bill, I can help to ensure you're not paying for a service you've not been receiving by way of a credit, but compensation isn't something I can help with.

If you'd like me to take a look at getting that sorted for you, just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll get right to it. You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
albchong
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, I've already called customer service and they have been proactive in this matter. It was already done. What can I say...when service is interrupted it can be quite frustrating but the support is always first class. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi albchong

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I'm glad to hear that action has been taken to resolve this issue too.

You know where to find us should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi albchong

Just a word to let you know I've received your private message. Thanks again for taking the time to let me know about thisMan Happy

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos