Menu
MrTB
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead each morning

For the last 3 days - each morning the phone line is dead (no dial tone). Also if you dial the home phone number from a mobile - it says 'you have dialled an incorrect number'.

Internet and TV work. The service status page on the web says that there is a phone issue. After a few hours the phone starts working ok.

Can Virgin Media confirm that they are aware of this issue and what are the plans to resolve it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead each morning

Hello MrTB,  

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and run a test on the line and it's showing in use so can I confirm whether you have tried replacing the handsets to ensure there is no equipment fault.

Please let me know if you still have no dial tone as I may need to arrange a technician for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MrTB
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's working ok at the moment. Each day for the last 3 days it has been dead. Your website says there is a problem. Then after a few hours it starts working and the error report clears on you service status website. 

Any idea if this is going to continue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is strange as it's not telling me there's any fault at the moment so please let me know if this happens again tomorrow as it could be ongoing issues in your area. Can I check how long its been off for in the mornings?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MrTB
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

out of interest - would your test make the phones go dead? Just before your email the phones went off for a short while - the first time we have noticed in the evening?

For the last 3 days - when we have got up the phone lines have been dead (no dial tone) - it has fixed itself a few hours later.

Each time your service status website was reporting that you were having phone issues

0 Kudos
MrTB
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

got up this morning and the phone line is dead again. no dial tone.

If I ring my house from my mobile it says "you have dialled an incorrect number" (so the fault can't be at my end)

It's normally off when I get up and comes back on after a few hours.

This has happened every morning (at least) that I am aware of since last Saturday.

Internet and VM TV is working.

By coincidence - VM emailed me a new contract to sign today (as i'm upgrading from 150mb to 200mb and swapping my slow Tivo box for 2 new V6 boxes. I'll hold off signing in case I need to cancel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrTB

Sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

Our line tests wouldn't interrupt the service, I've taken another look at your account to run some more tests this morning for you.

We're seeing a problem in your local area (Reference F005005885). The team are working hard to get this issue resolved and I'd expect that to be working again by the end of the day. 

If that doesn't happen get back in touch and we'll take another look for you. Apologies again for the inconvenience these issues have caused.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos