Menu
Sandeep
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone line capacity full

Hi, I signed up for virgin fibre and phone line and hopefully the broadband will be installed at the second attempt on 15th September. However, on the original install date I was informed that I wouldn't be able to have the phone line installed due to there being no capacity.

Can I ask how long does it take for Virgin to increase the capacity? I need to make a decision on whether to stick with Virgin or try someone else. Would stick with them for the broadband only but the prices are silly.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line capacity full

In some areas, phone capacity cannot be expanded due to the way the networks were originally built back in the 90's. If you are in one of these areas the only option is to wait until another customer on your cabinet leaves Virgin. The forum team here should be able to tell you if this is the case. They may take several days to reply.

If you are without a phone service for a while you should be credited back for that part of your service.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Sandeep
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info nodrogd, much appreciated.

Its a new house on a new Estate and I think most people have gone with virgin as they had a deal with the builders.

I'm hoping given that it's a new housing estate that the cabinet can be increased instead of having to wait for someone else to leave.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sandeep

I'm sorry to learn about the trouble you've been experiencing recently, I'd like to take a look at what our team are doing to help to get you a phone line but I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately.

So I can take a look, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sandeep
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, thanks for getting in touch. I've just sent you a reply via private message.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sandeep

Thanks again for getting in touch, I've taken a look at your account from our end and can see that the capacity team have been made aware of the problems you're experiencing and you are a priority to be connected.

I'm sorry again for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing, it's really not something we want for you. As soon as there's availability our teams will be in touch to let you know.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos